A place for me to show you the things that I am working on

Tuesday 6 September 2011

It's Been A Long Time

So summer has kept me from my blog but it hasn't kept me from crafting.  I have started working on my very first quilt.  I am soo excited about this and can't wait to show you the finished project.

I also covered a lampshade in fabric for the very first time for Avery's room.  I used to bag her bedding came in.  Amy Butler fabric is some of my favourite.  Here is what I had to work with.



Now here is a sneak peak.  I have yet to paint the base of the lamp and I will show the finished project when I get around to actually completing it.



I have also discovered a non-profit organization for making handmade things for those less fortunate.  It's called Craft Hope.  They are on project number 14 which is Christmas in Dixie for Tornado Survivors.  The project was to make Christmas stockings.  We decided to make 2.  I used Grandma Donna's old curtains and fabric that used to belong to my husband's Grandma Mac (she loved to quilt and I bet she would be happy to see what use I am putting her fabric to).  I didn't want to do Christmas themed stockings as I wanted them to be reminders of hope all year long.  My fabric choices made them look a little more "county" then I intended but the kids loved them.  Peyton helped me stitch on the stars.


And here they are all folded and ready to be shipped tomorrow.  I think I might leave that task in my husbands trusty hands.


Now to enjoy the quiet while Macy naps and before Avery and Peyton get home from school.

Steph xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I like that lamp with the base as is even...the shade turned out great!

    ReplyDelete